Data with a Story.
Custom data analysis and research for New England leaders in business, education, government, and philanthropy. Integrating data with strategy to make your organization more effective.
We translate data into formats that are accessible to you and your target audience. Our reports may be marketed directly to the public or provided as a confidential service.
- Evidence-Based Policy Analysis and Development
- Research-Driven Strategic Planning and Organizational Strategy
- Economic, Demographic, and Market Trend Analysis
- Expert Witness services for litigation involving economic loss or damages
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Studies
- Community Needs Assessments
- Survey Design and Analysis
- Housing and Rental Market Studies
- Technical Data Assistance and Program Evaluation for Grantees and Grantors
About Stepwise Data Research
Michael LeVert is the principal at Stepwise Data Research. He has spent his career providing quantitative and qualitative data analysis to Maine business, government, and non-profit leaders across a broad spectrum of industries and sectors. Michael has held leadership positions in corporate America, state and legislative government, and the non-profit sector. He has worked as an economist at Delhaize America; a statistician at LLBean; a health care analyst; and Chief Strategy Officer for Jobs for Maine's Graduates. Michael served as Chief of Staff and Policy Director to the Maine Senate President in the 126th legislature and as Maine State Economist from 2009 to 2011. Michael has served on the state’s Revenue Forecasting Committee and twice been appointed to the Consensus Economic Forecasting Commission. He has graduate degrees in economics and statistics. Michael was formerly a principal partner at 45 North Research.